Six Senses Laamu has 97 beachfront and water villas, carefully designed to complement the outstanding natural beauty of the island. They offer privacy, coziness and luxury. True to the Six Senses’ philosophy of being in harmony with the environment, the villas are crafted from local and sustainable materials
Six Senses Laamu’s dining alternatives have been designed to take the best advantage of the island’s idyllic beauty with panoramic views and spectacular sunrises and sunsets. The over-water amenities facility of Six
Senses Laamu is the largest in the Maldives, offering many options. In addition, organic meals served around the organic garden on the island.
The resort also offers unique experiences such as private dining or cocktails on the sandbank, sunken table or candlelit dinners on the beach.
• Be inspired with an early morning breakfast as the sun rises, an evening cocktail watching the sunset or a barbeque dinner surrounded by the Indian Ocean, all on the privacy of the resort’s sandbank.
• Twice each week, a lobster and seafood barbeque is presented on LEAF beach
• Comfortable seating is made of sand and a table is placed in a specially formed opening in the sand for a unique sunken dining experience.
• Private cinema on the sandbank
• Cruise on Sense of Freedom
• Private dining on the beach, just for two, creates a romantic candlelight experience
• A sunset cruise embarks daily in search of dolphins, while guests enjoy a
refreshing drink and canapés on board
• At the wine cellar, wine tastings, wine dinners and wine pairings can be arranged. During a five-course menu prepared by the resort’s chefs, sommeliers select matching wines from around the world to accompany the dinner. Sommeliers can even suggest the best wines to pair with chocolate, cheese or canapés. Based on guest preferences, sommeliers will prepare a wine tasting of global vintages
Full Day Island Hopping: An authentic insight into the lifestyle and culture of the Maldives.
Scuba Diving: Become a certified diver with Deep Blue Divers diving instructors.
Heart of House Tour: Take a peek behind the scenes and discover our environmental processes first hand.
Organic Garden Tour: Learn more about how we grow herbs and salads with a tour around the organic garden.
Stargazing: Starlight, star bright, what exciting things will we discover tonight?
Cinema Under the Stars: Watch blockbuster movies on a large screen under a sky of stars.
Turtle Hatching: Witness a memorable miracle of life.
Sustainability is at the heart of our decisions and actions. By being responsible today, Six Senses Laamu ensures that the unique environments, cultures and experiences we share with the guests will be experienced for generations to come. The island only respects guests and hosts, but also the local communities and ecosystems around too.
You’re warmly invited to join a Back-of-House Tour to see innovation and experimentation in action at the Earth Lab, our hub for self-sufficiency and zero waste, aimed to produce more onsite and reduce emissions from long-distance transport.
Check-In: 1400 hrs
How to get here:
From Male International Airport (MLE) you’ll be escorted to the domestic terminal lounge ready for the 35-minute flight to Laamu’s Kadhdhoo Airport and a fascinating bird’s-eye view of the beautiful Maldives Archipelago. Your GEM (Guest Experience Maker) arranges your 15-minute speedboat trip to the resort.
Children of any age are welcome. Children aged 6 years and above are considered adults at this property. Children under 5 years will eat for free based on the rules and meal-plan accompanied by an adult, excluding alcoholic beverages.
Visa & Passport:
• All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival.
• If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate.
• Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
• From specific staff requirements to unique requests, all special arrangements can be accommodated.
• Payments are accepted via all major credit cards and bank transfers.
Six Senses Laamu is just HEAVEN ON EARTH! I can’t even begin to put into words how amazing the resort is, from the interiors, idyllic scenery, food and staff. We have only been home for 1 night, and I am already counting down the days until we are back!
The staff are what really make this resort exceptional, we have made friends for life and there were even some tears upon departure!
I just want to say a special thanks to our GEM (guest experience maker) Daniel, who made our stay very memorable. Apart from dealing with my day to day requests, Daniel also organised for my fiance to play football several times with hotel staff which was a major highlight to his trip. @Dani – if you see this, we miss you dearly and it wont be the last time that we cross paths I am sure, you are very special!!!
DJ Des (the in house DJ), an absolute legend – thank you for keeping us entertained at all times! We have made a friend for life and will link up with you in Spain!
There are also so many other special people we met who made our stay exceptional, Warren, CJ, Kaatu, Mina, Rye, Maduka, Abdulla (GEM) are just a few of the names, we love you all!!
Until we meet again…
We stayed here in February 2020 just before COVID. We had an absolutely amazing time! The service here is top notch, thanks to the very talented GM Marteyne. Many of the staff mentioned to us that she makes people want to work there and locals are treated better than at any other resorts. This is apparent in the engagement of the staff and the level of service we received. We loved all of the fun and special touches the resort provides – the ice cream shop, the restaurant overwater hammocks, the bicycles to get around the island. We are avid divers and dove every morning; we were lucky enough to spot several manta rays. This is a place where you can truly unwind and relax. Yes, it is pricey, but yes, it is worth it. When we found out the resort will arrange for COVID tests for guests before departing back to home, it was a no-brainer for us to rebook for this year.
This was a return visit to the same hotel after we enjoyed the first experience very much.We had three overwater villas on jetty C.
We were able to compare the offering from a previous non-Covid period experience and frankly found it better than the first! From logistics arrangements-( you take a short plane and boat ride to get to the island from Male) to check in it was a first class seven stat experience.The food, food choices and restaurant service was superlative.
This is seven star experience without the “bling bling”- just the way to have a holiday.The island is small and has a pristine and stunning house reef.The snorkelling is superb.
We are avid divers and used the services of the dive centre which again was a better experience than our first visit.
The test of any great establishment is to have returning visitors have a better experience and this certainly happened for each of our party if 6 adults.
We will definitely be back.