Located just 20 minutes away from Velana International Airport, Gili Lanka Fushi is an eco-friendly resort with 45 rustic villas. Designed in an authentic style, built using eco-friendly materials and blended seamlessly into the remarkable landscape of a natural environment, luxury is in your own way, at your own pace. The villas here creates a sophisticated and intimate ambience where you are able to feel truly at home
Stay in the rustic eco-friendly Villas of Gili Lankan Fushi, hidden within the jungle for ultimate privacy. Tantalize your taste buds with unique dining experiences from Japanese cuisines to Plant-based specialties and many more. This is the perfect paradise for anyone seeking to rediscover themselves by reconnecting with nature.
A collection of 45 rustic-chic thatched villas hover over transparent lagoon waters. Many of them are connected to wooden jetties, which thread out from our tiny island, while others stand alone in the sea. You will find our simple, yet splendid abodes (all made from sustainable materials) to be the perfect base from which to live out any modern-day Robinson Crusoe adventure
Wide variety of dining options, including modern European-Maldivian fusion restaurant on the beach serving fish authentic Japanese fusion cuisine with fresh locally-sourced seafood and extensive sake collection
• Recently furbished 45 overwater villa resort located on a private island, 20 minutes away from Male’ by speedboat • Rustic-luxe design combining recycled materials with sumptuous textiles
• Dedicated host service for all villas • Largest overwater villa in the world, at more than 1700sqm-the Private Reserve
• Expansive organic garden growing all salad leaves and herbs, plus fruits and vegetables
• Lagoon Champa (pavilion)for private weddings, located in the middle of the lagoon
• Large infinity pool located on the beach
• Tennis courts
• Jungle Cinema
• Dedicated marine biology laboratory
• Surf Shack offers private surf lessons from beginners to advanced levels on world-classs breaks throughout the region
• Ocean Paradise Centre located close to world-renowned dive sites including Manta Point
• Overwater Meera Spa with treatment rooms featuring glass floors, steam room, sauna and dedicated relaxation terraces
• Comprehensive fitness centre with panoramic view
• Extensive activities programme, including surfing, diving, snorkeling with manta rays and big game fishing
An intimate coral island of Gili Lankanfushi offers endless opportunities for all guests with different heart’s desire. Do as little or as much as you want and select the package of your dreams. Begin your Gili Moments with us and create timeless stories to be told.
Private Reserve Indulgence 2021
Enjoy expansive living spaces and privacy in this immense standalone overwater villa accessible only by boat. Privacy exclusively yours indeed.
Gili Plant-Based Discovery
Travel for a purpose. Be fueled by plants and strive to live more sustainably, as we focus on saving the planet and a better future for generations to come
Gili Youth Discovery
Experiences for guests of all ages are now available for families travelling together. An educational escape for the youth of any family with an opportunity to learn more about corals
Gili Kids Exploration
The island is your playground. A time for children to explore our little island of Robinson Crusoe in search of a Gili Adventure. Fun-filled activities awaiting the arrival of these little ones.
Luxury today is seen to be related to the quality of life, but its definition is deeply personal to the individual. Luxury can be defined as time spent with loved ones, a sense of belonging, a moment of absolute privacy, a perfect cup of coffee, a wonderful book, or simply an opportunity to escape from reality. Ultimately, luxury is the freedom to make your own choice.
At Gili Lankanfushi, guests get the freedom to make that choice, providing an opportunity to redefine what luxury means, and ensuring that whatever their definition, we continuously strive to meet and exceed their expectations.
Check-In: 1400 hrs
Check-Out: 1200 hrs
Visa & Passport:
• All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival.
• If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate.
• Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
• From specific staff requirements to unique requests, all special arrangements can be accommodated.
• Payments are accepted via all major credit cards and bank transfers.
The most amazing experience
“I traveled with my family to Maldives end of September. We took every precaution necessary to make it there including getting Covid 19 tests to follow policy. Honestly it was a hassle but a reassuring one as everyone who got in the plane was required to do so and made us feel safe when flying. After a hectic flight schedule and even plane change (emailing Gili team at 1am on the plane we rushed to make stating our time change) it was the biggest relief to see the Gili team with their sign on our arrival. We were then immediately led to a bought and sailed 15 mins to our destination. The team greeted us on arrival and we were immediately taken by buggy to explore the island. Our Mr Friday was Fiyaz (he was the absolute best! I can’t thank you enough Fiyaz for making our whole trip seem less and so enjoyable! Sincerely thank you for everything you did for us). Check in happens in your own villa which and your luggage already arrived. This was especially helpful as while I was dealing with check in my young son went straight to the pool to occupy himself. Absolutely one of the best check in process I’ve experienced in my travels. 5/5 already. Moving on to villa they are gorgeous and so relaxing. Phenomenal views and just a tip try to get a pool villa. Especially if you are traveling with little ones. It is so worth the extra money. 5/5 for room layout and amenities. The food, how to describe chef Hari and his team that can do them justice. They were the absolute best, everything we tried was delicious, I was especially touched how they went out of their way to ensure my little one had any choice he desired and they always checked to ensure he was happy and eating properly (our son is a very picky eater). Thank you chef Hari! The food was delicious and everyone on your team from the cooks to service staff were so kind friendly and caring in every detail. We really could see the pride and effort you put forth in your service and appreciated every bit of it. 5/5 for food and service. They resort has tons of activities to do and very easy to schedule. I want to personally thank Fiyaz and everyone who was involved in my wife destination dining birthday dinner. Not only was the decor and food amazing, but they also decorated our villa so she had an additional surprise when we returned home plus a birthday cake. 5/5 again for service and hospitality. I’m so happy we chose to stay at Gili Lankanfushi. It has been one of the best holidays we have been on. Highly recommend considering this location if you are traveling to the Maldives. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Gili for making such a memorable trip for us. I will never forget this trip and plan to come back next year with friends and extended family. I know this is a long review and probably doesn’t do it the justice that Gili Lankanfushi deserves but wanted to express my gratitude to the staff, to our Mr Friday Fiyaz who arranged all details of our trip and treated us as family. We can’t thank you enough :). See you soon! Cannot wait to return! (Quick note don’t be worried about bringing your little ones to the island , the entire staff was so kind to my son he is 3 years old and really made him feel welcome and comfortable. They showed him so much love and caring that I had no doubt we chose the right location for our Maldives trip. They have scheduled kids activities that he loved as well to keep him entertained). This place is the best 5/5 rating, hey earned and deserve a perfect score”
The best barefoot luxury resort in the world
If anyone is reading this and considering whether to visit Gili or somewhere else in the Maldives trust me this is in a league of its own. The best service I’ve experienced in 30 years travel. The food Is incredible, the staff work as a team to anticipate your every need and NOTHING is too much for them. The villa we stayed in over the water was heavenly. The marine life beneath us was spectacular. The tennis coach was incredible. The surfing team were a delight. I could go on. Last year when they refurbished we stayed at a marginally cheaper competitor and the feeling we had for the whole time was that they just wanted to get money out of us. In Gili we opted not to sign for anything. The final itemised bill was far less than I’d expected and it was dreamy not to have to think about money and tips three times a day.
If you want a real treat in a delightful, relaxed but supremely professional environment go to Gili Lankanfushi!”
Upon arriving at the island we were greeted by the general manager, David, and welcomed by our miss Friday (what they call your butler), Miki. Miki was awesome throughout our stay, always making sure we were comfortable, and helping us book daily activities (spa, jungle cinema, snorkeling, diving etc) and dining reservations, as well as making sure any additional requests were met in a Timely and responsible manner. Miki we miss you!
Everyone on the island was very friendly and we were impressed with the level of service. For example, Siyam would always welcome us in breakfast and remember our preferences for food choices, and would bring our drinks without us even asking for it. We miss you Siyam!
We were also very impressed by the Vilas, which are beautifully decorated, well-kept, and very spacious. Favorite amenities in the room where the bathtub, where you can relax while looking at the beautiful blue water, direct access to the beach through a set of stairs from your “backyard”, terrace with bed that can be set up for you to have a night under the stars… and the delicious cinnamon almonds from the minibar!!!
• destination dining: you pick any spot on the island, and they set a beautiful table, with candles and your own private chef, who will make sure to cook one of the best meals ever! Thanks Rodri and Miki for helping us organize, and chef Praveen for the great food.
• Spa: you’ll be facing down to a glass floor where you’ll be able to see marine life, and treatment will be followed by a wonderful flower bath. Thank you Pat, Sara and Su
• Japanese dinner: you’ll try the freshest sashimi and most delightful local tuna. Thanks Abraham for the delicious food and Niam for the great service
• Snorkeling: we were lucky to see two big manta rays right before the season ended, and then were taken to an area called the fish tank, where we saw many different fish, eels, stingrays, it was amazing! Thank you Tiana for the tour and captain Mohamed for steering the boat!
• Asian street food and Mediterranean market: two special theme nights organized in the main restaurant, with live music, multiple food stations, all of the highest quality. Thank you chef Hari for such incredible meals and for your constant attention!!
Out of many places I have traveled to, I can truly say that Gili is a magical place where I look forward to going back! Thank you to all the hosts and Nic for making this such a wonderful experience!