Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru lies on the unspoiled wilderness of Baa Atoll, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. It is a 30-minute seaplane flight from Male’ International Airport. Get ready to swim with the country’s largest known population of manta rays; rehabilitate sea turtles at the Marine Discovery Centre; connect to the buzz of Blu Beach Club, and discover the life-changing benefits of Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy at The Spa & Ayurvedic Retreat – named “Most Meaningful Experience” in the Condé Nast Traveller Spa Awards 2020. Landaa Giraavaru Resort is also ideal for family vacations, from the Family Beach Villas to pioneering kids activities, lagoon diving courses, interactive conservation opportunities and thoughtful amenities. It also offers exciting adventure activities such as kite surfing,X-jetblades, and many more.
The resort features 103 native Maldivian style steep thatched roofs and traditional coral walls. The Beach Villas feature a blend of traditional forms and contemporary style with abundant outdoor living space surrounded by lush indigenous foliage. Perched on stilts over the tranquil lagoon, each of the Water Villas offers panoramic, Indian Ocean views through floor-to-ceiling windows, spacious sundecks, outdoor showers and nets for overwater lounging.
From contemporary Italian restaurant to, Lebanese to Seabar to Shisha Bar, Four Seasons Resort Landa Giraavaru offers several fine dine options for the discerning traveller. Guests can also get customised menus for vegan, gluten-free, kosher, halal, dairy-free, and even ayurvedic cuisine for the mindful traveller.
• Take to the skies in the ‘Flying Triggerfish,’ the first Four Seasons customized DHC-6-300 Twin Otter airplane: one of the most luxurious and Instagrammable seaplanes ever to grace the Maldivian skies.
• Swim with the largest known population of manta rays alongside the team working tirelessly to protect them. Sign up for our Manta On Call service to be whisked away by speedboat when manta rays are sighted near the Resort for an unforgettable snorkelling experience.
• Yoga Therapy course: The new Yoga Therapy Centre – in the pulsing jungle heart of Landaa’s Spa & Ayurvedic Retreat – offers personalised condition-targeting programs devised in conjunction with S-VYASA, the world’s first “university for yoga” and pioneer of yoga therapy through scientific research.
• Real wedding experiences: Tucked away in Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Landaa Giraavaru oasis sets the scene for the most magical of weddings. Say “I do” in a once-in-a-lifetime location. Find more about the available packages here
• Kuda Velaa Club: The complimentary kids for All Seasons program makes sure littlestyou islanders are entertained during their stay, with exciting games, cultural craft-making, educational and beach fun activities.
• Four Seasons Explorer: The Maldives’ fastest and most luxurious dive liveboard. Join for an all-inclusive, three-, four- or seven-night cruise aboard Four Seasons Explorer through the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and experience a tropical journey unlike any other. You’ll sail between the enchanting garden island of Kuda Huraa and the pristine hideaway of Landaa Giraavaru on our private, three-deck catamaran as you uncover the unspoiled wonders of the Maldives.
Manta On Call
Swim with the largest known population of manta rays alongside the team working tirelessly to protect them. Sign up for Manta On Call service to be whisked away by speedboat when manta rays are sighted near the Resort for an unforgettable snorkelling experience
Spot sea turtles at dawn or dolphins at dusk or marvel at the unique beauties that inhabit the vast reef formations and unique Maldivian thilas that surround our island home – all with the help of tailored programs and speciality courses taught by some of the country’s most experienced instructors at our PADI Five-Star IDC Centre
Water Sports Centre
Whether you plan to swim morning laps, cool off with a quick afternoon dip, snorkel with the kids or try one of our adrenaline-pumping water activities, the Resort offers something for every speed. Meet at the Water Sports Centre, located at the western end of the island on Blu Beach, to set you up with everything you need.
From a secluded, sandbank dinner to a tantric ritual for two, let our endless white beaches, calm blue lagoons, lush jungle wilderness and raw natural beauty of Landaa Giraavaru be the setting for an unadulterated, romantic getaway.
Welcome to one of the world’s most beautiful islands: a natural UNESCO Biosphere Reserve wilderness where iridescent blues, jungle greens and dazzling whites meet innovation, conservation and wellness with equal, vibrant intensity.
Check-In: 1500 hrs
Check-Out: 1200 hrs
Visa & Passport:
• All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival.
• If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate.
• Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
• From specific staff requirements to unique requests, all special arrangements can be accommodated.
• Payments are accepted via all major credit cards and bank transfers.
Thank you to all the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru Angels for making my stay with you an unforgettable magical healing journey!!! The island is spectacular but the staff are what made this trip so special for me! My 11th stay in the Maldives and my first time to Landaa. I will surely return! I traveled alone but from the moment I arrived I felt as if I was staying with family.
The In-Villa dining team (Aasil, Sibin & more) were amazing! Thank you for all the details for my in-Villa breakfasts!!! Lebanese Restaurant Al Barakat was definitely another highlight of my F & B Journey at Landaa! The Sommelier Team were amazing and took special care in guiding me to discover delicious new wines, all with fun and exciting stories from their Vineyard visits in Europe! Anti-gravity Yoga is a must when staying here!!! Yoga Guru Dr. Giri is fantastic and is so helpful in helping all levels to achieve amazing results!
My sunset Water-villa was gorgeous!! The outdoor living space was perfectly designed for comfort and nurturing at every level. It was hard to leave the villa – I spent most of my days there swimming in the sea, doing yoga, enjoying sunset, relaxing on the over-water net and flirting with my friend the Porcupine Sting-ray who came to visit me every night!
The beach at Blu is gorgeous and the team there are so attentive and genuinely kind! This is not always the case with beach staff at other resorts. I’m an ocean swimmer and loved swimming from Blu to the sand bank on the other side of the lagoon. Gorgeous!
We chose the Four Seasons for the service and we were not disappointed! Of course the room, diving, beaches, food, spa etc are world class – but it is the staff who really set this place apart.
From returning my daughter’s sunglasses on many occasions before we even realised they were lost (from the plane, the beach, the restaurant, the jet ski….) to the chef presenting me with a special family recipe medicinal chai tea as he noticed I sounded slightly congested one morning – the level of proactive care is amazing. One returning guest on my dive boat was presented with a GoPro he lost diving the previous year – they had mounted 2 special recovery missions to find it!
The kids’ club is exceptional – my 9 year old son wanted to spend all day every day there whereas usually he has to be persuaded to go at all.
All in all a perfect family holiday. The price is absolutely insane – but this really is the best that money can buy.